Serbia & Bosnia and Herzegovina
6 days/ 5 nights
Day 1 Niš
Arrive in Niš. Transfer from the
airport to the hotel. The rest of day is at your leisure. Depending
on the arrival time, group can take advantage of the day and make a
half day city tour of Niš. The third largest city in Serbia has a
beautifull central area, nice pubs offers, delicious food and plenty
of historical and cultural places. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2 Niš – Mokra Gora – Višegrad
Breakfast at hotel. Early departure for
Mokra Gora. After short rest in Vrnjačka Banja, we continue our
drive towards „Wooden town“ (Drvengrad) near Mokra Gora. Upon
arrival visit to ethno village founded by Emir Kusturica (famous film
director). Independent lunch. After lunch, we head towards Višegrad
in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Sightseeing of Stone town or Andrić grad
(founded by Emir Kusturica), memorial classroom of Ivo Andrić (a
famous Serbian writer and winner of the Nobel Price for literature)
and The Old Bridge on Drina river. Shorter free time for personal
activities. Later on, drive to Trebinje. Accomodation in hotel.
Day 3 Trebinje
After breakfast, departure for Tvrdoš
monastery from 15th century. Guided tour of Tvrdoš monastery and
tasting superb wines in their cellar, where monks are making wine
from 15th century. Return to Trebinje and sightseeing of
the bridge of Arslanagic (16th century), Old Town on Trebišnjica
river, The monument of Jovan Dučić, the Grachanica Church (the
Grachanica of Herzegovina). The rest of day is free for individual
activities. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 Trebinje – Mostar - Sarajevo
Breakfast and departure towards Mostar,
the main center of Herzegovina. The town was founded by the Turks in
the 15th century. UNESCO protected Old town was once the center of
the city’s Islamic culture. Visit to the Old Bridge and Old Bazar.
Free time for personal arrangement. Continue towards Sarajevo, the
capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Upon arrival in Sarajevo,
accomodation in hotel. Overnihgt.
Day 5 Sarajevo – Niš
Breakfast at the hotel. The sightseeing
tour of Sarajevo, the city which has a rich culture and which has ben
home to Muslims, Croats, Turks, Jews and Serbs. Sarajevo is the city
with many diversities which shows a unique link between the East and
the West. Walking tour of Sarajevo. Visit to Baščaršija, oriental
Svrzo’s house and the Princip Bridge. Continue towards Serbia
(about 15:00 h). Arrival in Niš in late evening hours. Accomodation
at the hotel. Overnight.
Day 6 Niš
Breakfast at hotel. Free time till
transfer to the airport. End of program.
The price of the package depends on the
number of passangers. It is possible to modify the program acording
to the interest of the group.
For more information contact our
Incoming Department directly:
Phone: 00381 18 259 500; 00381 18 512
Tour Operator / Incoming tourism
Licence OTP 290/2010 od 17.02.2010
TRAVEL AGENCY MONDORAMA d.o.o
Andrić Town also known as „Stone
Town“ is the town dedicated to famous Serbian writer Ivo Andrić,
Nobel prize winner. This tourist complex is situated on a peninsula
between two rivers, Drina and the Rzav in Višegrad. Andrić Town is
a project of Emir Kusturica.
Trebinje is located in the hinterland
of the southern Adriatic, only 25 kilometers from the sea. This town
is a veritable treasury of cultural-historical heritage, created by a
mixture of different peoples and civilizations that have passed
through the area. Orient and Mediterranean blend gives it a special
charm, so that the spirit and charm of these different worlds can be
felt at every turn.
The Old Town of Trebinje was
established in the 18th century and soon developed into a trading and
crafts centre named Kastel. There is barely a town in Herzegovina
that was not erected alongside a freshwater river. Trebinje is no
exception: its old town lines the banks of the Trebisnjica River that
flows through the heart of the city. The river and the city have
always been known for the enormous old mills treading the
Trebisnjica. Although they arenot fully functional today, they remain
a symbol of Herzegovina's not-so-distant past when everything was
directly connected to the power of nature.
Arslanagića Bridge (also Hajdarbegova
ćuprija) is historical monument in Trebinje, which extends over the
river Trebišnjica. It’s not known who built it and when exactly.
Today’s name comes from the period after the arrival of the
Austro-Hungarian administration. According to the folk tradition,
which was written about 100 years ago, the bridge was built by
Tvrdoš monastery is Serbian Orthodox
monastery from 15th century, dedicated to the Dormition of the Most
Holy Theotokas. It was built upon the stone formations of Tvrdoš
along the right side of the banks of Trebišnjica River, four
kilometer west of Trebinje. The 4th century foundations of
the first Roman churche on the site are still visible. Today,
monastery is renoved for its wine production.
Gračanica Church (the Grachanica of
Herzegovina) is a copy of the famous Gračanica monastery in Kosovo
and Metohija. The church is located on the top of the hill Crkvina
near Trebinje. At the site where now stands the new Grachanica, there
was already a christian church (probably from 6th century). The
famous Serbian poet, Jovan Dučić (1871-1943) is buried there. When
he died on April 7, 1943 he was buried in the Serbian Orthodox
monastery of Saint Sava in Libertyville, Illinois (USA). He was
reburied here on October 22, 2000 in the newly built church. The
church complex includes an amphitheater, the Bishop’s home, a
gallery with icons, a summer garden, a library and a belttower. The
church can be seen from every place in the town of Trebinje, and it
is said to be the most beautiful sacred place in Eastern Herzegovina.
Mostar is situated in a beautiful
valley of the river Neretva, bedded between high mountains of
Herzegovina. The symbol of the city and the greatest tourist
attraction is the Old Turkish Bridge.
The Old Bridge is single-arch stone
bridge, with the range of 28.70 meters and the height of 21 meters
during the summer water level. It is under the protection of UNESCO
World Heritage. The bridge was built in 1565. It was the great
architect Mimar Hajrudin who had succeded with the mision to cross
the Neretva river with a single span stone bridge. The Old Bridge
served its purpose for 427 years until it was destroyed during the
war in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1993. Fortunately, it was rebuilt
after the war and reopened in July 23rd 2004. The Old
Bridge area, with it’s pre-Ottoman, eastern Ottoman, Mediterranean
and Western European architectural features, is an outstanding
example of a multicultural urban settle ment.
Sarajevo is the capital of Bosnia and
Herzegovina. It is one of those rare cities where, during a ten
minute walk, you can see places of workship for the world’s most
important monotheistic religions: Orthodox and Catholic Churches,
Synagogues and mosques. All of this traditions have given Sarajevo a
specific aroma and a particular culural mix.
Baščaršija is Sarajevo's old bazar
and the historical and cultural center of the city. It was built in
the 15th century when Isa-Beg Isaković founded the town. Today,
Baščaršija is the major tourist attraction of Sarajevo.
Old Clock Tower (Sahat kula) is the
only public clock in the world that keeps lunar time, to indicate the
time for daily praiyers. According to this system, the new day begins
at sunset, when the time is shown as 12:00.
The Latin Bridge or The Princip’s
Bridge that can be seen today was built in 1798 by a wealthy treader
from Sarajevo, Abdulah Briga. The bridge took its name from the
neighbourhood on the left bank of the Miljacka, where Catholics
resided. From 1918 to 1993 structure bore the name Princip’s Bridge
Svrzo’s house represents the life
style of an urban Muslim family in the late 18th and through 19th
century. The house was built by a prominent Sarajevo’s family, the
Glođoš. Then family failed for want of a male heir and the property
passed by marriage to another prominent Sarajevo family, Svrzo.
Svrzo’s house is tipical in that it has living quarters for the
men, the women and the servants. It is a branch of the Museum of